WTF is wrong with this woman? Never have I been so appalled by a politician as I am with Cynthia Davis. I now feel sorry for the people in her district but hey don’t let me influence you, she does a much better job explaining her ignorance.
“Hunger can be a positive motivator” she says, indeed “the number of poor Missouri kids who qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches” sits well above the national average at 8.3 %. While, I’m sure not all of the hungry children can work at McDonald’s, you wouldn’t know it from her press release:
- Families may economize by choosing to not waste hard earned dollars on potato chips, ice cream, or Twinkies. Perhaps some families will buy more beans and chicken and less sweets.
- Is school the only place a child can get a nutritious meal? Parents have good reason to dispute the idea that their children will not receive a nutritious meal if they are not in a government institution. Who should be the one to pass judgment on what defines a nutritious meal? I represent many fine families in District 19 and I am proud of all of them for doing what is best for their children.
- If parents are laid off, that doesn’t mean they stop feeding their children, at least not any of the parents I know. Laid off parents could adapt by preparing more home cooked meals rather than going out to eat.
- Why have meals at home with your loved ones if you can go to the government soup kitchen and get one for free? This could have the effect of breaking apart more families.
- Who’s buying dinner? Who is getting paid to serve the meal? Churches and other non-profits can do this at no cost to the taxpayer if it is warranted. That is what they did when Louisiana had a hurricane.
- While nobody is disputing the benefits of nutritious food, why the presumption that parents are not providing nutritious food for their children? Even if they are not, who created a new rule that says government must make up for any lack at home? The problem of childhood obesity has been cited as one of the most rapidly growing health problems in America. People who are struggling with lack of food usually do not have an obesity problem.
- Anyone under 18 can be eligible? Can’t they get a job during the summer by the time they are 16? Hunger can be a positive motivator. What is wrong with the idea of getting a job so you can get better meals? Tip: If you work for McDonald’s, they will feed you for free during your break.
There you have it, the answer to world hunger according to Davis, eat more beans, chicken and work for McDonald’s. Missouri State Rep. Cynthia Davis, the most appropriate Worst Person’s ever.